Forum Discussion

BAS1
User
4 years ago
Solved

Inventory barcodes add on for use with AccountRight

Hi,

Can anyone recommend barcode add-on that can be used with AccountRight for use in inventory?  Do I need to use MYOB Retail Manager or can I use an add-on which talks directly with AccountRight? I've noticed that AR Scan looks like something worth looking into, but also keen to hear anyone else's thoughts.

Thankyou in advance...

• Hi BAS1 

A barcode reader can be wedged into the keyboard line so that instead of typing in an inventory number - you can scan a barcode in that just translates the barcode to alphanumerics.

Though I do not use inventory in MYOB I built an MSAccess dbase Inventory system  that was to be integrated with MYOB but we decided not to - however, I use a set Barcode aplphanumeric filed; a UPCode - aplhanumeric; a Part Number (international barcode) - alphanumeric; and finally our own Barcode - the staff can scan anyone of these codes on an item coming in and my dbase will identify if it is in inventory.

Though you couldn't  do this in MYOB you could replace the item number with your own generic barcode - alphanumeric or digital.

The Doc

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    The_Doc
    Ultimate Partner

Hi BAS1 

A barcode reader can be wedged into the keyboard line so that instead of typing in an inventory number - you can scan a barcode in that just translates the barcode to alphanumerics.

Though I do not use inventory in MYOB I built an MSAccess dbase Inventory system  that was to be integrated with MYOB but we decided not to - however, I use a set Barcode aplphanumeric filed; a UPCode - aplhanumeric; a Part Number (international barcode) - alphanumeric; and finally our own Barcode - the staff can scan anyone of these codes on an item coming in and my dbase will identify if it is in inventory.

Though you couldn't  do this in MYOB you could replace the item number with your own generic barcode - alphanumeric or digital.

The Doc