Forum Discussion

2 years ago
Solved

ATO Reporting Categories

Hi All,

When assigning an ATO Reporting Category to Unused Leave on Termination, why does the dropdown have "Unused Leave On Termination" and "ETP Lump Sum A - Redundancy"/"ETP Lump Sum A - Termination".  I selected the "Unused Leave On Termination" and the amounts paid are not appearing as ETP's in the Annual YTD Verification Report ahead of finalising the STP Reporting.  Do I have to set-up another Payroll Category and select the "Lump Sum A - Termination" ATO category, then reactivate the relevent employees and process a negative value against the old category and a positive value against the new category somehow?

Knowledgable assistance would be appreciated. :-)

Many Thanks

Andy

MYOB Payroll Categories.jpg

• Hi CC-Brendale 

Thanks for your post. In STP Phase 2 there's different ATO reporting categories for unused leave and not all unused leave payments are ETPs. If you're not sure which reporting category to assign to your payments you will need to check with the ATO or your accountant. This link to the ATO website has information on ATO reporting categories in Phase 2: STP Phase 2 reporting

The Help Article, Assign ATO reporting categories, has general information on this.

Once you know how the payment needs to be reported I'll be happy to assist with how to process it in your software.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi CC-Brendale 

Thanks for your post. In STP Phase 2 there's different ATO reporting categories for unused leave and not all unused leave payments are ETPs. If you're not sure which reporting category to assign to your payments you will need to check with the ATO or your accountant. This link to the ATO website has information on ATO reporting categories in Phase 2: STP Phase 2 reporting

The Help Article, Assign ATO reporting categories, has general information on this.

Once you know how the payment needs to be reported I'll be happy to assist with how to process it in your software.

CC-Brendale
      User

Thanks Tracey_H,

I can see on the ATO link you sent that it clearly categorises Unused Leave On Termination such that when paying out Unused Leave On Termination only the value of any remaining Leave that was actually accrued prior to 1993 actually gets reported as Lump Sum A so all those who got paid a balance in my system do not fall in this category so Unused Leave On Termination with Unused Leave On Termination in the STP2 reporting field is correct for all my employees as none were here prior to 1993.

I've now finalised my EOFY STP Reporting. Yay! :-)