Forum Discussion

SJR
Cover User
3 years ago
Solved

Annual leave converted to sick leave

Hi all, I have a small joinery business that was closed down as usual during Christmas.  I have 5 full time employees, 4 of which contracted covid during their annual leave. As I paid their leave in advance they also recieved leave loading. I understand that they are eligible to have their annaul leave converted to personal leave. What I am unsure of is how the best way to do that is.  I'd appreciate some advice.  Thanks

Shannon

• Hi SJR 

Thanks for your post. To change the annual leave to personal leave you can process an adjustment pay. Make sure all amounts/hours are zeroed out, enter the hours as a negative against the annual leave entitlement category and a positive against the personal leave entitlement category.

For the leave loading, you can adjust the next payrun(s) to reduce the pay by the overpaid leave loading: Fixing a payroll overpayment

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi SJR 

Thanks for your post. To change the annual leave to personal leave you can process an adjustment pay. Make sure all amounts/hours are zeroed out, enter the hours as a negative against the annual leave entitlement category and a positive against the personal leave entitlement category.

For the leave loading, you can adjust the next payrun(s) to reduce the pay by the overpaid leave loading: Fixing a payroll overpayment

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.