Forum Discussion

Helen_Cooke
Contributing Partner
2 years ago
Solved

Both Base Hourly & Base Salary used on employee pays

Good afternoon

I am in the process of reconciling a client's payroll for end of year finalisation.

I have an employee who only has 2 pays -- the first was processed using Base Salary, he was then changed to casual.  Base Salary was unticked and Base Hourly ticked and used for his second pay.  He then had a termination date entered.

My issue -- the gross amount on the first pay is showing on the Payroll Activity Summary, but not included on the Payroll Register Summary or the STP Verification report.  I currently have both pay items ticked and have removed the termination date and run a NIL pay.  Accepted with ATO, no change.  In the pay category/employees tab he is ticked and greyed out so unable to untick him.  I tried reversing the Salary pay and re-entering as hourly, still no change.

Any suggestions of what else to try would be most appreciated.  Out of a $3.5m+ payroll this is $160 of agony!

Best regards

Helen Cooke

AccountAbility Business Systems Pty Ltd

Tracey_H
    2 years ago

Hi Helen_Cooke 

Take a back up of the current online file, then restore the back up for last payroll year and fix the Pay History. You can then restore the back up of the current file so you don't need to re-enter data.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Helen_Cooke 

Thanks for your post. The Payroll activity report gets its data from pays recorded in Process payroll. The Payroll register and YTD verification report get their data from the employee card>>Pay History.

If the Payroll activity and Payroll register reports don't match it means that a change has been made to the employee card>>Pay History. To fix this you will need to restore a back up for the 2021-22 year, change the employee card>>Pay History then process a $0 pay with payment date as 30 June. Wait until the $0 pay report is accepted and then recheck the YTD verification report.

To process the $0 pay you will need to remove the termination date from the employee card and make the card active.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Helen_Cooke
      Contributing Partner

Hi Tracey

I just need some clarification, if I follow your instructions below and restore a backup, would the client then need to continue using the restored file and re-enter everything that has been entered since the backup date?

Tracey_H
        Former Staff

Hi Helen_Cooke 

Take a back up of the current online file, then restore the back up for last payroll year and fix the Pay History. You can then restore the back up of the current file so you don't need to re-enter data.

Helen_Cooke
      Contributing Partner

Hi again

Can you please also advise me -- there are 161 employees in this payroll, can I finalise everyone else and just leave this one to finalise later if I can't sort it out