Forum Discussion

Fox-20
Contributing Cover User
3 years ago

Changing over Business & dealing with STP

One of the partners passed away so I have had to change the business mid year close off the STP and re-do the wages using the new ABN.

My accountant arranged to have the the payroll changed to $0.00 and I went into payroll reporting and changed the YTD to reflect the old ABN then the new, a bit of a long process but I thought everything was OK !

my payroll activity report are correct and show the new ABN, but my account rang to say evertyhing is still in the OLD ABN at the ATO when I print of the reports from the payroll reporting this confirms exactly that.

Hope someone can help before I throw the compunter accross the Room..........Just kidding..........or maybe not !

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    SamaraM
    Former Staff

Hi Fox-20 

There are 2 areas where the STP centre reads the information. I'm wondering if it has been updated in one but not the other.

Can you check that it has been updated in both fields:
    1. Setup > Company Information> ABN or TFN (and ABN Branch if relevant)
    2. Payroll > Payroll Reporting > Company Information > ABN (and ABN Branch if relevant)

Once it is showing correctly, you will then need to send through a report to send the information from AccountRight to the ATO. To do this You can process a $0 pay (a pay where all the hours and amounts are removed) which, when sent to the ATO, will act as an update event by submitting the company information; including employer ABN. 

This article guides through doing an update event: Fix rejected reports in Single Touch Payroll.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.