Forum Discussion

Legion
Trusted User
14 days ago
Solved

Default fund - Member number previously used

Hi

We use NGS as a default fund.

When new employees are created and request the default fund we enter NEW in the super membership number which is the trigger for NGS to create a new superfund member.

However when we try to pay our super we get an error because this member number has been previously used.

Is there a way to force the payment?

Thanks

• Here is my work around for the problem created by MYOB.

Our default fund provides employers with a clearing house facility if they do not already have one.

Historically we have used the MYOB clearing house.

We can not process a contribution through MYOB for a new default fund member because the member number is not unique.

Work around

- Register for the default fund clearing house.

- Process the bulk of the super through the MYOB clearing house as usual.

- Create new members in the Fund Clearing House and process their super payments.

- In MYOB go to Pay Liabilities found on the Payroll page. Select Superannuation as the Liability Type. Set the date range. You should see the super yet to be processed in MYOB. Select the super to be processed. Double check the amounts/employee. Select record.

8 Replies

Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Legion,

Thanks for your detailed post. To assist you further, could you please reply with a screenshot of the error message? Your cooperation is greatly appreciated!

Looking forward to your response.
    Regards,
    Earl

Legion
      Trusted User

A message is displayed

This super fund membership number is also used by {Employee Name}, Please enter a unique number for each employee.

I've been in contact with the fund and like likely change our process.

thanks

Earl_HD
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Legion,

Thanks for your response. I suggest visiting this help page, as it contains the solution to this issue. Check super fund and employee details

Feel free to post again, we're happy to help!

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
        Earl