Forum Discussion

TDOTI
Contributing User
3 years ago
Solved

Employee name not showing in super liability account

Hello. I am trying to reconcile superannuation accruals and payments for all employees, due to an error in some card files which have now been rectified.

When I download the Super liability account (2-1100), the transaction description only says "Pay Employee", with no employee name. This means I can't create a pivot table for each employee showing the Debits and Credits to this account.

So to reconcile, I now have to download all payslip data, and VLOOKUP or similar the Cheque/reference numbers, just so I can see a balance for each person. 

I can't not find any other report that will show any outstanding super payments that have been acrrued but not paid, by employee. 

Thanks,

TDOTI

• Hi TDOTI 

In the browser version of AccountRight enter the Transaction description comes from the employee card>>Payroll details tab>>Standard Pay>>Pay slip message field.

In the desktop version you can go employee card>>Payroll details tab>>Standard Pay>>Memo and enter the employee name. Also in Setup>>Preferences>>Banking tab you can select to display the payee or the memo field system wide.

Please let us know if you need further help.

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    CloverQ
    Former Staff

Hi TDOTI 

If all superannuation accruals and payments have been corrected recorded in AccountRight via payroll transactions and Pay Super/pay liability transactions, then when you go to Payroll > Super Payments (browser version) or Payroll > Pay Superannuation or Pay Liabilities with super selected (desktop app), the outstanding payments will be listed for all selected employee. 

In the desktop version of AccountRight, you can also try running the Superannuation > Accrual by category to show super accruals, and the Superannuation Payments by employee report for super paid information. 

I hope this helps.

TDOTI
      Contributing User

Hi.

Thank you but it doesn't quite answer the question.

We have over 100 employees. The reports you mention need to be compared, side by side, for every employee. That's not a practical use of time.

However, if the employee name just comes up in that Super liability account - which it does for SOME employees but not others - then I could just run a DR vs CR from the super liability account and see what is left owing vs accrued.

So how do I get the employee name to show instead of "Pay employee"?  Is it a payroll or system wide setting? or payslip template?

Thank you!

Tracey_H
        Former Staff

Hi TDOTI 

In the browser version of AccountRight enter the Transaction description comes from the employee card>>Payroll details tab>>Standard Pay>>Pay slip message field.

In the desktop version you can go employee card>>Payroll details tab>>Standard Pay>>Memo and enter the employee name. Also in Setup>>Preferences>>Banking tab you can select to display the payee or the memo field system wide.

Please let us know if you need further help.