Forum Discussion

Phelec
Experienced Cover User
2 years ago

Employee onboarding

I have a situation, I set up a new employee, Myob tried to do an on board but I deleted this and completed setting up the staff memeber myself.  I have noticed that the staff member is now in the employee list as TW and it appears the last two pays have been credited to this person even though there is no information on this card at all. How do I move these transactions to the employee I set up, Delete the ghost and TURN OFF onboarding??

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Phelec
    Experienced Cover User

I asked a question two days ago with out any response.  How do I get this issue resolved?  I have a employee card created by the onboarding that is being credited with the payroll I am putting through even though I am selecting the Card File I set up, how do I move those transactions to the actual card file and get rid of the one created by MYOB then how do I turn off this "feature" as I dont want it?

• Hi Phelec 

On the Community Forum we encourage users to provide assistance and advice, as such, you won't always receive an immediate reply from an MYOB Moderator. If you require immediate assistance we recommend contacting our phone or Live Chat teams.

If you would prefer not to use Employee Self-onboarding go to Cards>>Employee tab>>New>>when the Employee Self-Onboarding window opens click Skip and manually enter the employee details.

If you send the Self-onboarding email an employee card is automatically created. However, pay runs should only be processed for the employee cards selected in Process payroll. So that I can look into this for you can you send me screenshots of the employee cards and pay transactions in a private message.

Phelec
      Experienced Cover User

Hi Tracey_H,  are we any closer to fixing this problem 

powdercoat
      Experienced Cover User

Hi there, 

I have a similar situation where I sent the email to the new employee for onboarding, but he gave me the wrong email address. So I entered his details manually. Now I can't get rid of the: "onboarding in progress" message and when trying to print out a superannuation choice form it give a fault message, which I guess is due to the fact that MYOB is still waiting for him to fill out his details via the onboarding link. 

Can I get rid of the onboarding in progress? 

ItaiMYOB
        MYOB Product Manager

Hi powdercoat 

You are correct about the reason for the fault message, in that, that form is only available for employees who use employee self-onboarding.

In your situation, if you go to view the pending invites (In AccountRight: Click Employee Self-onboarding -> Pending Invites -> Log into browser; in Browser: Navigate to the employee screen), you should see the invite there for your employee showing as "sent". You can click the 3 dots on the right and click"Cancel Invite" -> "OK" to then cancel the invite. Just be sure to click "Cancel" on the next popup which asks if you'd also like to delete the employee.

If you ever send an invite to the incorrect details in future, it's recommended to follow the above steps and cancel the existing invite, but choosing "Delete" to delete the existing card (Or alternatively, deleting the card directly in AccountRight or browser will automatically cancel the invite), and then simply invite the employee again with the correct email address.

Regards

Itai Etzman