How to delete an stp report

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Jenny_0223
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Re: How to delete an stp report

Hi Trace, 

Thanks for your reply.

As you said ATO only look at the YTD amounts and each report we send is time and date stamped, is that means I can just leave the August payslip (which created on 31/07/2019) there and wait for August correct payment (will be created on 31/08/2019) to override? As the time and date stamp on the August payslip (which created on 31/07/2019) is 31/08/2019.

Thanks for your patient. 

Jenny

STP issue.PNG
bungy15
Ultimate Cover User
1,055 Posts
Ultimate Cover User
Australia
Ultimate Cover User

1,055Posts

335Kudos

195Solutions

Hi @Jenny_0223 

The time and date stamp for the August payrun is 31/7/19 10.27am, but that’s MYOB’s stamp. I believe the ATO stamp is when they receive the report.  Check the latest report, 10.34am, if the YTD amounts are correct you should be right and don’t need to do anything.

Normally you could wait until the next payrun but as yours are monthly that puts you outside the 14 days allowed by the ATO to make corrections.  That’s why I recommended the $0 pay.

Cheers

Tracey

Jenny_0223
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Trace,

Understood, will do

Cheers,

Jenny

bungy15
Ultimate Cover User
1,055 Posts
Ultimate Cover User
Australia
Ultimate Cover User

1,055Posts

335Kudos

195Solutions

You’re very welcome @Jenny_0223 😊

Philip_Van Diem
Contributing Partner
7 Posts
Contributing Partner
Australia
Contributing Partner

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi,

Unfortunately we ran 2 pay runs for the same weekly pay. fortunately we realised before the second run was paid. So we deleted the second pay run and the activity summary and electronic payment register reports are all good BUT the ATO still shows that second pay run Smiley Sad

Am I correct from reading the responses here, that we dont need to do anything because the run next week will corrrect the ytd figures and the ATO wont think we were paid twice today ?

Thank you for your assistance.

Philip.

Philip van Diem
Director
Platypus Software Pty Ltd
Theresa_D
1,902 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,902Posts

0Kudos

223Solutions

Hi @Philip_Van Diem 

Correct, the ATO is concerned with the YTD amount. When corrections are made you can either complete a $0 pay run or wait for the next pay run.  More details in the linked article. 

I hope this clarifies. Feel free to utilize the forum if you have other inquiries or advice. 

Cheers,
Theresa

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

MikeyT
3 Posts
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Theresa, sorry but the replies all seem to indicate the overstated amount can be corrected in ongoing pay-period(s). We have a situation whereby the PAYGW declared on a pay-run will exceed what the annual total will be for the entire fin year. So lodging zero or encompassing this overstatement into future STP pay-runs with the ATO wont work. Is there a way that you know of this can be fixed in the STP area of teh tax portal. Thanking you... Michael

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @MikeyT 

Thanks for your post. STP reports the Year-to-date (YTD) amounts each time you declare a payrun and the only amounts the ATO are interested in are the YTD amounts. If an error has been made in a payrun, you can either delete or reverse that pay, then reprocess the pay correctly which will update and correct the YTD amounts in STP. Another option for correcting errors is to create an update event by processing a $0 pay.

The ATO Business Portal will show all payruns as they don't allow deletion of STP reports. However, as they are only looking at the YTD amounts you just need to ensure those figures are correct at all times. You can check that the YTD amounts are correct by going to the Payroll reporting centre and downloading the report for the most recent report sent.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post