Forum Discussion

SAM_Vet
Experienced Cover User
2 years ago

How to set up accrual for compassionate leave of 2 days/year?

NSW employees are entitled to 2 days/occurrence for compassionate leave.  It accrues fully, immediately (eg not by a fraction each pay period).  Our employees also earn 1 week/year for CPD (continuing professional development; similarly, the full accrual of 40 hours is availble immediately (subject to application and approval).  It is important Account Right shows these balances as available so that they can be approved in our Time and Attendance System.  The only way I can see how to do this is to enter the full balance via a pay run, but then I would have to do this every year?  Is there a way of adding a once annual accrual? to be done automatically each new FY?

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Sam_R
    Former Staff

Hi SAM_Vet,

Thanks for your post. 

That's correct, in this case you would need to enter the hours manually on each anniversary date. The software will not be able to automatically add these hours to their balance unless they are on an accrual basis. 

If you would like to see more flexibility around this, I recommend heading to our Idea Exchange Board where you can put forward your suggestion to our developers for a potential future enhancement. 

Please feel free to reach out should you have any further queries.