Forum Discussion

cramptons
Experienced Cover User
2 years ago

Inactive Super Fund

I have received an email from MYOB stating 'Action Required - you have one or more employees with an inactive super fund'   Sunsuper and QSuper have merged to create a new super fund called 'Australian Retirement Fund'.

I have checked all my employees and none of them are with Sunsuper or QSuper.  Why can't MYOB email the name of the employee/employees that the problem is with??

9 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Pen_Hill
    Contributing Cover User

I also have received this email.  I have no employees under Sunsuper they are all showing to Australian Retirement Trust, however I do have employees showing under Q Super.  I'm a little confused as the Q Super fund setup in MYOB has the name Q Super and the ABN, USI are the new number provided since the merge.  Do we still use the Q Super fund for Q Super employees or are they suppose to be put under Australian Retirement Trust.  It would be handy if there was a more detailed explanation on how to fix this and also agree there should be a list of employees that are affected by this.

SakunnaK
      Contributing Cover User

I am not sure what to do with the QSuper either.  Would be interested to know this too.

• I also received this email yesterday and checked but we have no staff with SunSuper or QSuper. I'm not sure whether it is safe to just ignore this email but I'm unsure why it would identify that we have employees that would be affected by this. Any guidence from MYOB would be appreciated, thank you.

• Hi Everyone

That email was sent to users who have selected Sunsuper or QSuper for any employees to advise of the fund merger. If your current employees have the correct super fund selected you can ignore that email.

If you have employees affected by the merger of Sunsuper and QSuper you'll need to add Australian Retirement Trust (USI 60 905 115 063 003) to your list of super funds in MYOB, then assign this fund to the impacted employees.

More information on the merger can be found here: Sunsuper and QSuper merger guide

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

SakunnaK
      Contributing Cover User

Hi Tracey_H

Do we need to change from QSuper to Australian Retirement Trust as well?

I have spoken to QSuper today and they said the ABN and USI for QSuper hasn't changed and to leave it the way it is, only Sunsuper that needs to be updated to the new ABN and USI.

Could you please confirm?

Tracey_H
        Former Staff

Hi SakunnaK 

You need to follow the advice provided by the super fund to ensure contributions are successfully processed.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

jenthomson
      Contributing Cover User

Hi Tracey,

I got the email and the in-program pop-up notification (AccountRight) for a company file that has 9 employees since 1st July 2022 (business operating start date, and 2 are inactive). None of them have or had a QSuper or Sunsuper fund set up in their employee card file... is it safe to disregard the notifications?

Thanks,

Jen

Tracey_H
        Former Staff

Hi jenthomson 

Apologies for the delay in replying to you. If your current employees have the correct super fund selected you can ignore that email.

jenthomson
    Contributing Cover User

Another one who has received the notification but NO Q or Sun Super staff (not even inactive). We have Australian Super, Virgin Money Super, CBUS, HOST and BT Super. It would be great to know who has been flagged/ which subsidiary funds might be involved?