Forum Discussion

JC888
Contributing Cover User
3 years ago

Incorrect Pay Period Start Date

How do I correct an incorrect pay period start date. I accidentally put 29/2/2022, when it should be 29/03/2022. And ho do I fix the payslips and email correct pay start date?

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Sam_R
    Former Staff

Hi JC888,

Thank you for your post. 

I will leave a help article below that will guide you through this:

Please reach out if you require further assistance. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

JC888
      Contributing Cover User

Thanks Sam

From reading the article, looks like the recorded pay eriod date can be changed.

"To change other pay details
      Apart from the changes described above, there's only a limited number of other changes you can make to a recorded pay. These include:

pay period"

Can you plese provide instructions on how to change the start date as it is not shown in the article or links.

When I followed the insurctions to go via Transaction Journel, it will not allow changing the date.

Thanks

Sam_R
        Former Staff

Hi JC888.

Apologies for the delayed reply. 

If you are unable to change the date on the transaction, this means it has been accepted by the ATO. In this case, you would have to reverse the transaction and re-process it with the adjustment. Steps on reversing a pay can also be found in the same link:

If I can assist any further, please do reach out. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.