Forum Discussion

Precision21
Experienced User
2 years ago

Issues with STP reporting Accepted with Errors Other Allowance Type contains invalid text (ATO error code: CMN.ATO.PAYEVNTEMP.000183

Hello just wondering if anyone can help me out with STP Reporting Accepted with Errors Other Allowance Type contains invalid Text 

• ATO error code: CMN.ATO.PAYEVNTEMP.000183

Unfortunately we havent checked our reporting with STP as being accepted as all good and we have been sending reports and getting these errors since November 2021.

I can see which Other Allowance code is most likely to have an invalid character of < or / which I can change in MYOB.  (MYOB should really not accept this as a text in a Payroll Category to start with would be really helpful).

Just not sure about running zero payruns.  I would have had about 70 to 80 staff with this payroll catergory so do I have to run zero payruns for all of these employees?  and then what about employees who have been terminated do I have to run Zero Payruns for them as well?

Also the End of year report for the entire company as well as the individual employee Summary of Payments have this Other Allowance listed in it, so do I need to anything with a Zero Pay run or just change the text in the Other allowance in MYOB and then finalise in the end of year in STP?

thanks 

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Sam_R
    Former Staff

Hi Precision21,

Thank you for your post. 

In case you haven't had this answered elsewhere, if your STP reports are not balancing with your software's payroll reports, I would run the $0 pay run for every employee that has used this category (as this may be causing the imbalance). However, if your STP reports reflect correctly, the $0 pay run won't be necessary. The error should not persist in your subsequent pay runs if the invalid charater has since been removed. 

Do let me know if I can assist any further, happy to help. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.