Forum Discussion

Jenae
User
2 years ago
Solved

Leave Entitlements not Calculating

It has just been brought to my attention that PL & AL have not been calculating for 2 new employees added in the 2021/22 year.  I only noticed once completing the first payrun for 2022/23 year, as they have no leave entitlements carried forward.

Employees are on a salary and set up exactly the same as another employee on a salary, who's leave calculates correctly.  Their details don't show up at all on the Entitlements Summary or Detail reports.

Please see attachment showing relevant information.

Any suggestions on why this is happening and how to rectify it?

Thanks

• Hi Jenae 

Looking at the screenshots you have uploaded I can see that the Calculation basis is set to be Equals xxx % of Gross Hours. The employees not having the leave accrued are being paid Base Salary so they will not be getting any hours therefore the calculation will result in 0 hours - xxx% of 0 hours will be 0 hours.

To remedy this you would want to set up a new leave entitlement for those employees with the Calculation Basis set to be something like Equals x hours per pay period. This way they are getting the set number of hours regardless of how many hours they work. Our Help Article: Leave and entitlements would be able to assist with that process.

For the pay(s) that have already been processed you want to do an adjustment pay, Help Article: Adjusting leave entitlements would be able to assist with that one.

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Jenae 

Looking at the screenshots you have uploaded I can see that the Calculation basis is set to be Equals xxx % of Gross Hours. The employees not having the leave accrued are being paid Base Salary so they will not be getting any hours therefore the calculation will result in 0 hours - xxx% of 0 hours will be 0 hours.

To remedy this you would want to set up a new leave entitlement for those employees with the Calculation Basis set to be something like Equals x hours per pay period. This way they are getting the set number of hours regardless of how many hours they work. Our Help Article: Leave and entitlements would be able to assist with that process.

For the pay(s) that have already been processed you want to do an adjustment pay, Help Article: Adjusting leave entitlements would be able to assist with that one.

Jenae
      User

Thanks for your prompt response Steven.

Would changing the employees standard pay from Base Salary to Base Hourly also correct the issue and calculate leave going forward, instead of setting up a new entitlement account?

Thank you, I'll have a look at that article re adjusting leave.

Steven_M
        Former Staff

Hi Jenae 

Making the employee an hourly employee i.e. updating the pay basis in the Payroll Details>>Wages section would also correct the issue. This would give them hours on which the calculation basis can calculate on.