Forum Discussion

BStowell32
Experienced User
2 years ago

Linking Bank Feed Transaction to Payroll

We do payroll in STP2 in MYOB Account Right and then do a manual bank transfer. In this instance I accidentally overpaid the employee by $2. Could this be why its not linking when I try and match transactions? Just looked at the accounts list and it appears that it listed the pays againgst a different account to what the transfer occured on. Could this be why I can't match the transaction?

I am also having issues matching transactions for super payment. Or do I just link this to the invoice provided by ATO? I would imagine it should link to her pay somehow but I could be wrong.

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi BStowell32 

Thanks for your post. When the pay transaction and the amount transferred are different we recommend reversing the pay transaction and reprocessing so the net amount matches the amount transferred. You will then be able to match the bank feed and the pay transaction. You can correct the over/under payment in a separate pay run or in the next normal pay, depending on the situation.

When you process the new pay run, in Process Payroll>>Pay Employee window check the account selected in the Pay from Account field is the correct account.

If you use the Pay super service, you match the bank feed with the Pay super transaction. If you use a different clearing house, you record the super payment in Pay liabilities then match the bank feed with the Pay liabilities transaction.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.