Forum Discussion

2 years ago

New company file - employees entitlements differ

As our company file was linked to another company (with a previous co owner), MYOB started a new company file for us Sept 2022 so we could gain administrator rights, for us to enable bank feeds etc.

Upon new company file being started the entitlements for longer term employees differ markedly. I have previously spoken to MYOB (with a long wait on hold) to no avail. I was advised to run a zero dollar pay run, but this didn't fix. We pay weekly, so you would think this would update the entitlements correctly then.

I am unsure which figure is correct. If the reports figures were correct, I could amend the card file, but unsure as to how to fix the other way.

Two examples below of discrepancies.

Assistance sort from MYOB to assist.

Our client ID or serial number can be provided, but not entered here for privacy.

Many thanks for help provided to correct

Karen

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi wacarpetby 

You could try to adjust the carry over balance to give you correct result. If it is a new file, this is when the closing balance from the previous file is usually brought in, and the only figure you can adjust manually.

Regards

Gavin

wacarpetby
      User

Thanks Gavin for your reply.

Yes I was thinking the only way to adjust is the carry forward figures, but I am unsure as to what the figures were to enter in September 2022. I took over from somebody else at that date, and she was liasing with MYOB to split the company file and hence the new one set-up. Looking back through payroll reports at that period there was a gap of a few months the reports being printed for entitlements. As the old company filed disappeared, or I don't know from MYOB's end where this goes. I guess I need to know the historical figures from MYOB when the new company file was established, as there must be some measures in place to protect the entitlements in this situation.

I hope this makes sense.

Kind regards

Karen