Forum Discussion

ChrisR
Experienced Cover User
4 years ago
Solved

No ETP on payment summary

The taxable ETP is not appearing in the Verification Report or on the employee Summary of Payments but appears on their pay advice.  Can you please advise how to correct this.  The employee is marked active and termination date has been removed.  Regards Chris

Emily_B
    4 years ago

Hello Janeamanda 

Have you double checked that the employee's wage category for ETP is set to hourly as per the above post, as this has been known to prevent ETP from showing properly. If you do change it to hourly, you would then want to try the $0 pay once more, or reversing the pay and re processing it under the hourly attribution. 

16 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    ChrisR
    Experienced Cover User

Is anyone answering queries?  I posted this yesterday and NO RESPONSE! 

The taxable ETP is not appearing in the Verification Report or on the employee Summary of Payments but appears on their pay advice.  Can you please advise how to correct this.  The employee is marked active and termination date has been removed.  Regards Chris

Emily_B
    Former Staff

Hello ChrisR 

I do apologise for the delay you have experienced in receiving a reply to your forum post.

I would first recommend checking that you have the appropriate ATO Reporting Category set for the associated payroll category (Payroll>>Payroll Categories>>Wages).  Then, review the employee's payroll history to ensure that the correct payroll category has been used.

To make sure that you are reporting ETP pays correcty, check that you have

• the 'Type of Wage' set on your  ETP Wage categories set as 'Salary'. We are aware that hourly type ETP payroll categories will not lodge successfully. Note: Hourly employees can have a salary wage category.
    • that when processing the pay for that ETP in the bottom right you enter the Benefit Type.

Along with that, doing a $0 pay for the employee(s) would be a recommendation. This just makes sure that the values are updated based on the current values of the employees' cards in the Payroll Reporting Centre. 

Please let us know how you go and if we can be of further assistance.

ChrisR
      Experienced Cover User

Thanks for the response but I fixed it myself while waiting for a response

1.   Reversed the original pay

2.   Changed employee to hourly

3.   Re processed the pay

ETP now shows on verification report and the employees summary. 

Janeamanda
      Partner

Hi I am having trouble balancing STP FINALISATION with Payroll summary, one employee is reporting a lot less in Payroll summary that STP report. The employee was paid unused AL, LSL on termination, I opened a backup file and changed the payroll category. I then did a void, I don't know what else to try 

Emily_B
        Former Staff

Hello Janeamanda 

Have you double checked that the employee's wage category for ETP is set to hourly as per the above post, as this has been known to prevent ETP from showing properly. If you do change it to hourly, you would then want to try the $0 pay once more, or reversing the pay and re processing it under the hourly attribution. 

CarolWA
      Partner

Do you have to redo all the pays with ETP please?

Ive done as suggested but hasnt come across in finalisation 

Emily_B
        Former Staff

Hello CarolWA 

There shouldn't be a need to redo all ETP pays unless you know there are certain employees it's not showing up properly for. Ensure that the correct ATO Reporting Category has been assigned for the ETP payment (more information on that in this Help Article), and check that the 'Type of Wage' for the ETP payment Wage Category is 'Salary.' Hourly ETP Wage Categories won't show up properly. 

Finally, ensure you run a $0 pay for those employees so that the figures calculated from any corrections you may have made will be pushed through to YTD totals.