Forum Discussion

PB21
Contributing User
11 months ago
Solved

No PAYG calculation on one employee

After running payroll last week one employee had no PAYG calculated against their pay.

The employee does not claim the tax free threshhold and their payroll category is not exempt from PAYGW.

I have run many pays for this employee without this issue and I cannot see why it has happened this time.

• Hi PB21 

Thanks for getting back to us and share an update on the issue. 

In this matter, If an employee does not meet the minimum wage on a specific pay run, PAYG will not be calculated and reflected. It will be based on the employee's pay frequency, and how much they earn in that pay run.

Feel free to post again if you need further assistance with this. I'm happy to assist.

If my response has answered your inquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Best Regards, 

Cel

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Celia_B
    MYOB Moderator

Hi PB21 

Thank you for your post, I'd like to extend you a warm welcome to the Community Forum, I hope you find it a valuable resource. And thank you for flagging this to us. 

In this matter, you can check the category will appear when processing payroll by going to Payroll>>Process Payroll>> Selecting the employee>>Selecting Next and then the arrow next to the employee's name. If the PAYG withholding category is appearing in that Pay Employee Window, it will be calculating based on the requirements set on the card. If that category is not appearing in that window then it means it has been deselected from the card. To change this go into the employee's Card>>Select the Payroll Details tab>>Select Taxes and tick the PAYG Withholding category list. 

Let me know how you go. If you need further assistance with this please feel free to post again. I'm happy to assist. 

or If my response has answered your inquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers, 

Cel

PB21
      Contributing User

Thank you for your reply,

Unfortunately it doesnt solve the issue. When I ran the individual through payroll the PAYG withholding category was there.

Is there any other way it could be missing?

Thank you

Celia_B
        MYOB Moderator

HI PB21 

Thank you so much for getting back to us and share an update on the issue. 

May I know if the PAYG withholding category appears but its not showing the value? if yes, we would happy to investigate on this, We would need you to confirm the following information. 

• The tax table version date you are on? Setup>>General Information
        • The version of the program you are on? Help>>About AccountRight
        • Which tax table the employee is on and include any total rebates/extra tax amounts? Card File>>Card Lists>>Select the employee's card>>Select the Payroll details tab>>Select Taxes on the left hand side
        • What pay frequency the employee is on? Card File>>Card Lists>> Select employee's card>>Select the Payroll Details tab>> Select Wages on the left hand side
        • What is the gross amount of the pay?
        • Is that gross amount split over multiple payroll categories i.e. Base Hourly and Holiday Pay?
        • How much tax is appearing?
        • How much should it be?

I'll wait for your response. 

Cheers, 

Cel