Payment summaries

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
RLC
Experienced Cover User
15 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

15Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Payment summaries

How do I create a payment summary for a limited date range?

I started using STP from 13.5.19. My understanding is that I must issue a payment summary for the period 17.7.18 to 12.5.19

In summary:

1. I will have to provide a PAYG summary for wages paid (from 1.7.18 – STP start date).
  2. Through STP, I have to provide a finalisation indicator to the ATO.
  3. The ATO will then upload the wage figure for each employee through the “myGov” website.
  4. The tax agent will then be able to access the wage income (post STP start date) as well as the wage income (pre STP start date).
3 REPLIES 3
gavin12345
Ultimate User
5,028 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

5,028Posts

914Kudos

640Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Payment summaries

Hi @RLC 

Points 1 and 4 of your understanding are incorrect. If the current employees in your payroll include all who have been paid since 1 July, the moment you start STP (May 2019) you have reported 1 July 2018 to May 2019. All you need to do is issue a final indicator at end of June (on or after final pay for the year). That's it. No payment summaries. There is no distinction between post STP and Pre STP. All STP reporting is for the YTD amount only. So in your first STP report you have reported all earnings to May 2019.

The exception to the above is when an employee who has been paid since July 2018 has left and is no longer on your payroll. MYOB only sends STP for employees included in the current payroll. To include a terminated employee, remove termination date, include in your payroll with a $0 pay and their YTD will also go to the ATO.

You can issue a final indicator immediately for this employee or continue to include in payroll and finalise all after last pay in 30 June.

If in doubt look up MYOB's Support Notes on STP.

Regards

Gavin

(gavinw222@gmail.com)
RLC
Experienced Cover User
15 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

15Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you for your response Gavin. It was very helpful.

Leanne

WendyMac1
4 Posts
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post