Forum Discussion

Trevorl1962
Contributing Partner
2 years ago

Payroll register different to Payroll activity

For 2020-21, I have a difference between the payroll register & athe the payroll activity reports.  The latter is correctz.  I know the employee, month pay run that has caused the error

The incorrect figures are flowing through to STP for finalisation 

The previous fix (quoted below) was to adjust the pay history,  at present the pay history is all NIL 

Presumebly this is beacuse we no longer roll over the payroll year

Is there a fix ?      I need to adjust STP to finalise 

From previous post 

In AccountRight there are the payroll register reports, and activity reports. The Register Detail/Summary reports gets their information from employee card files > pay history, while the Activity Summary/Detail reports gets information from every payroll transactions recorded. 

Normally, the figures from these 2 type of payroll reports would match. However, there pay history in employee cards can be manually edited. When it happens, it will cause a difference between these 2 types of reports. 

I'd suggest running the reports month by month to identify which month is different, and determine which report has the correct figure. If the payroll register report is correct, then it means payroll transactions were not recorded correctly in that month, someone only edited the pay history information in employee cards to correct the figures. If the activity reports are correct, then it means the pay history in employee cards were incorrectly edited. 

To update the pay history now, please drill into the employee card > Payroll Details > Pay History > select the desired month, the total monthly figure can be overwritten.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Trevorl1962
    Contributing Partner

I have a difference between these 2 reports for 1 employee for 2021-22

The previous posts suggest changing the pay history.   When I go into a card all the pay history is NIL 

Is this beacuse we now do not roll over the payroll year

How do I fix the difference to finalise STP fpr 2021-22