Forum Discussion

BeWise
Partner
4 years ago
Solved

Payslip YTD earnings not showing

Payslip is showing from September onwards incorrectly on 1 employee only. I have just taken over from a previous bookkeeper and between us we may have inadvertantly ticked or unticked a box. We did d...
    4 years ago

Hello BeWise 

The YTD amounts listed on a pay slip are pulled directly from the employee's Pay History. You can see the values via Card File >> Cards Lists >> Employees >> Select the employee's card >> Payroll Details >> Pay History (left-hand side) and select Show Pay History for Year-To-Date.

In some cases, the value will actually disagree with what is shown on a Payroll Report, like the Payroll Activity Summary report. This is because certain payroll reports will look at the history of the card and others will look at the actual payroll transactions.  Generally, the difference occurs due to the card history being updated manually where no payroll transaction has been recorded.

I would be looking at running the Payroll Activity Summary and the Payroll Register Summary report and compare these two. The Activity Report looks at the actual payroll transactions whereas the Register looks at the pay history. If there is a discrepancy with these reports, run them on a per month basis to determine when that discrepancy occurs and ensure that all the relevant pays have been entered for that period. If the pay values are correct, navigate to the Pay History of the employee and manually update the values back to the values of the payroll transactions dated that calendar month. Once completed, this will update the YTD values on the card and the payslips going forward.

I would also make sure that you do have Setup >> Preferences >> Reports & Forms >> Include all YTD amounts and Entitlement Balances on Paycheque stubs is enabled as this will produce the YTD information on a payslip.