Forum Discussion

BrendanLM
Contributing Cover User
3 years ago

Payslips

Hi

Our payslips only show the YTD balance of sick leave and holiday leave and do not show the balance , but then when I looked at a staff member the leave they have taken isnt showing under entitlements on their card file either?

Attached are 3 files - one showing the entitlements screen on the staffs card and the 2nd file is Payroll Activity Report showing all leave taken that is not on the entitlements screen.

Then the 3rd file is the payslip that just shows the staff's YTD total hours accrued.

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    LRBooks61
    Ultimate Cover User

Hi

In the entitlements window you haven't selected all the differnt Lvls of sick leave so I am assuming that that is why it is not showing on the payslips and not accruing. 

From the payslip it looks like the employee is paid at various levels. Paying one staff member various levels of pay and then calculating sick leave on different levels is problematic,

You are accruing the sick leave in one way( as sick leave)  but paying it in a different manner ( different hourly amounts based on level)

If you need to adjust the hourly rate for sick leave you still need to call it sick leave to reduce the accrual as leave is taken.

You can make a manual adjustment to the entitlements to correct going forward.  In the balance adjustment column in the entitlements section of the employee card.

Basically if you want to maintain sick leave accrual for each level paid then you need to set these up the the entitlements and calculate them on the hours worked at each level. Then they will be accrued for each leve and you can pay them at each level.

If in fact the employee has progressed through the levels and is now on level 5 permanently then you should just accrue as sick leave and pay as sick leave and the adjustments will be made automatically

I hope this makes sense to you, and helps

Lisa