Forum Discussion

H-TS
Trusted User
3 years ago
Solved

Remove termination date from payroll reporting STP when re-employing someone

It would be great if the termination date automatically removed itself when re-employing someone. Especially if that date was years ago.

Is the STP reporting affected if there is a termination date there? Sometimes I forget to check. I just went to terminate an employee and his termination date from 2 years ago was still there even though we re-employed him several months ago. 

What does the termination date affect? Will his wages still have been being reported anyway?

Or do people usually create a brand new employee card from scratch when re-employing a former employee?

• HI H-TS 

Thanks for your post. The termination date in the Payroll reporting centre lets the ATO know the employee no longer works for you. If the employee is re-employed the ATO are advised when you send the new Tax file number declaration and STP reports. 

Leaving the termination date in the Payroll reporting centre won't affect STP reporting. You can confirm this by checking the YTD verification report, the information sent in this report is sent to the ATO.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • hi,

H-TS ,

I have the same issue (although I don't need to terminate the employee). I have never received a clear answer on this myself.

I hope I don't have to terminate them again, I'm sure something will go wrong if I have too!

• HI H-TS 

Thanks for your post. The termination date in the Payroll reporting centre lets the ATO know the employee no longer works for you. If the employee is re-employed the ATO are advised when you send the new Tax file number declaration and STP reports. 

Leaving the termination date in the Payroll reporting centre won't affect STP reporting. You can confirm this by checking the YTD verification report, the information sent in this report is sent to the ATO.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.