Forum Discussion

11 months ago
Solved

Returned Reversal and Recording of Superannuation Payment-AccountRight

Hello, I recently followed instructions by MYOB to reverse, record and re pay two x employees return super into my bank account, however when I go to pay their super there is a negative amount in "Pay Super" and the same amount for the re processed super for each employee.

If I tick the negative and positive amounts they zero each other out therefore it wont process the super I owe them ? If I untick the negative amount it will obviously pay it, but then i run into the trouble of the negative same amount ( or reversed amount ) sitting in "Pay Super" and one of my employees could tick this on the next quarter which in return will deduct from super I actually owe them.

See screenshot for example  I need to pay first employee this quarters super which comes to  $2400.30 but if I tick the two $636.72 ( reversed and recorded back from april) they cancel each other out.

I really hope this makes sense, as I am not the best at explaining.  Any help greatly apprecaited as I have spent a week on this talking on chat and MYOB does not help me what so ever.

• Hi translite 

Thank you for your post.

If you have a returned super payments, you can reverse and re- process the super payments by following our Help Article, Reversing and reprocessing superannuation payments.

After the reversal, you can now reprocess the successful payments by going to Pay Liabilities and reprocess the unsuccessful/returned  payments into the Pay superannuation window.

In the Manage payments window once you've reversed the payments, this will provide you a negative amount of entire super payments. This reversal (negative amount) will remain on Manage payments window we don't have an option to delete this.

Please feel free to post again I'm happy to assist.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,

Princess

5 Replies

• Hi translite 

Thank you for your post.

If you have a returned super payments, you can reverse and re- process the super payments by following our Help Article, Reversing and reprocessing superannuation payments.

After the reversal, you can now reprocess the successful payments by going to Pay Liabilities and reprocess the unsuccessful/returned  payments into the Pay superannuation window.

In the Manage payments window once you've reversed the payments, this will provide you a negative amount of entire super payments. This reversal (negative amount) will remain on Manage payments window we don't have an option to delete this.

Please feel free to post again I'm happy to assist.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,

Princess

EHAccount22
      Contributing User

The process MYOB gives for this issue is ridiculous when you re paying over 300 employees. It is messy and if reconciliing banks each month does not work with the refunds happening in the next month Doing it the other reversing inbdividual payroll & entering again to pay the correct superfund leaves negative amounts in the pay super & pay liability windows. There needs to be a better way as with the number of super mergers going on it is a common problem.

Earl_HD
        MYOB Moderator

Hi EHAccount22

Thanks for your post and for the detailed information.

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We understand that managing superannuation payments for a large number of employees can be challenging, and we appreciate your input on the current process. We are continuously working to improve our software and user experience, and your feedback is valuable in helping us identify areas for enhancement.

Regarding the issue you mentioned with super refunds and reconciling banks, we'll take your feedback into account and explore potential improvements to streamline the process and prevent negative amounts in the pay super and pay liability windows.

If you have any specific suggestions or ideas on how we can make this process better, please feel free to share them with us. We're committed to enhancing our software to meet the needs of our users, and your input is essential in achieving that goal.

Regards,
        Earl