Forum Discussion

3 years ago

Reversed super payment

Hi,

Due to the issue with super authorisations our super payment was processed twice. Unfortunately we had reversed the original super payment not knowing that it had processed. I know have two super payments but the reversal cancels out one. Is there a way to delete the reverse super transaction? Any help would be appreciated.

Sandra

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    SamaraM
    Former Staff

Hi SandraGC 

Welcome to the Community Forum. 

The system does not allow deletion of super payments. You would need to re-create the pay to balance the reversal that shouldn't be there (the negative and positive amounts will cancel each other out).

Instructions on how to do that can be found here: Returned superannuation contributions.

Hope that helps. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

SandraGC
      User

Hi,

Thanks for your response. Our issue is that the original super payment that was reversed is not in the bank feeds so we now have two payments in the bank feeds but only one super transaction. We have tried creating a spend money entry but this then throws the bank reconciliation out.

If I recreate the pay this then will change our liability for superannuation so I am assuming that I create a negative and positive super pay to the provision account and journal the positive to a clearing account as i have used the overpayment to balance out the February liability.

Thanks

SamaraM
        Former Staff

Hi SandraGC 

Yes you are assuming correctly. As a workaround, if you could create a positive and negative super pay they will balance / effectively cancel each other out when reconciling. 

If you have any further questions please let me know.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.