Forum Discussion

shiveran
Experienced Cover User
2 years ago

SGC back pay

SGC was not calculating on my new employee who is under 18 despite working over 30 hours a week. I have fixed this by increasing his DOB on his card but how do I now adjust his previous pays and do I then need to adjust the pays in the Payroll Reporting?

Thanks for any help

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi shiveran 

Thanks for your post. The Help Article, Checking and adjusting super, has detailed information to assist with processing adjustment pays for super.

An employee's date of birth is checked when sending payroll data through STP so I would recommend making sure the correct DOB is entered in the employee card. If super is not calculating as expected we would need to look into the setup of the employee and the super payroll category. The Help Article, Paying super for employees aged under 18, has information on this is calculated.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

shiveran
      Experienced Cover User

Thanks for your reply.

I have now realised I can enter SGC manually if he is under 18.

If I adjust the previous pays superannuation, will it also need to be adjusted in the payroll reporting centre?

Thanks

Tracey_H
        Former Staff

Hi shiveran 

Once you've processed the adjustment pays, wait until the report is accepted in the STP reporting centre. You can then process a $0 pay with payment date as the current date to update the super YTD amount in STP. Or, you can do nothing and the super YTD amount will be updated when you process the next normal pay run.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.