Partner
Australia
Partner

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

SNR and finalising Payroll in the old file

When doing a serial number removal for a file that goes from Partner to clients pays. does the payroll in the old serial number need to be finalised or just entering the old BMS into the new file enough to stop the ATO getting a double report ? I have had conflicting advice- one said no just have your old BMS and enter that when setting up payroll in the new serial number - Two said you must also finalise reconile the payroll and finalise in the old file before sending for the serial number removal ? any advice to correct procedure. Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Earl_HD
MYOB Moderator
3,366 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,366Posts

115Kudos

264Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: SNR and finalising Payroll in the old file

Hi @BYB,

Thanks for your post, and welcome to the Community Forum! If you wish to replace the serial number in your AccountRight file with a new one, you must follow a specific process to address the Single Touch Payroll (STP) issues associated with the old serial number. This helps avoid complications at the end of the payroll year, ensuring accurate reporting of employee amounts and tax liabilities. Instead of modifying the STP in the old file, focus on setting up STP in the new file with the new serial number using the BMS ID transfer option. Here's how:

1. Go to Payroll.
  2. Select Single Touch Payroll reporting.
  3. Navigate to ATO settings.
  4. Choose Edit STP business details.
  5. At Step 6, under Transfer BMS ID, select Yes.
  6. Enter your previous BMS ID to complete the transfer process.

To find previous BMS ID:

1. Log into the ATO's online services - https://onlineservices.ato.gov.au/business/

2. Go to Employees > STP reporting (agents go to Business > STP reporting).

3. Click the dropdown arrow next to one of the STP reports

4. Copy the Business Management software (BMS) ID and paste into the Previous software BMS ID field.

Feel free to post again, we're happy to help!

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
Earl

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post