STP and payroll categories not balancing on terminated employees

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
nicb3367
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

STP and payroll categories not balancing on terminated employees

I have run my STP YTD verification report and the Total STP taxable wages matches the total from the Payroll summary. However, there is a discrepancy with Gross Payments, Overtime and Paid leave other on 5 employees (who are terminated). The payroll categories were obviously not correct at that time. ie annual leave loading went into gross not overtime. 

How do I fix this? Do I need to fix it as all YTD figures match. 

Please advise

1 REPLY 1
Earl_HD
MYOB Moderator
3,386 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,386Posts

116Kudos

271Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: STP and payroll categories not balancing on terminated employees

Hi @nicb3367 

Thank you so much for your post and Welcome to the Community Forum!

Before Matching the Reports

First, check if you have done an Update Event, or zero dollar ($0) pay for all employees (including terminated employees), so the most recent YTD values have been sent to ATO. 
Next, check that the Payroll Activity and Payroll Register reports match. For more details on this and what to do if they do not match, see the Reports Amounts Don't Match / Card Pay History Has Been Altered 

Then Match the Reports

1. Use AccountRight on the browser to view reports as the ATO Reporting Categories will show. (These do not show on the desktop version of these reports) 

Reporting >> Reports >> Payroll >> Payroll summary report 

This report will give you totals for all the payroll categories, groups them by ATO Reporting Category and subtotals them, making comparing to the STP EOFY verification report easier. 
2. To locate the STP EOFY verification report, go to: 

Payroll >> Reporting >> Single Touch Payroll reporting >> EOFY finalization >> Click "View YTD verification report (PDF)" 
3. If, however you need a break down of each employee, try the Payroll Activity report. 

Reporting >> Reports >> Payroll >> Payroll activity report 

If you expand an employee, you get a break down of each payroll category and it’s ATO reporting category to reconcile back to Employee YTD report. 
4. To locate the Employee YTD report, go to: 

Payroll >> Reporting >> Single Touch Payroll reporting >> STP reports >> Click on the last pay sent to the ATO. 
5. Then click "View Employee YTD report (PDF)" 

Feel free to post again, we're happy to help.
Regards,
Earl

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post