16 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

16Posts

0Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

STP reporting during payroll

Kameleon Group Pty Ltd serial number **** **** **** When I process our payroll using the web version of AccountRight there are 2 issues occurring. First issue (this has been occurring for over a year. I have tried MYOB support but they were unhelpful): When I have entered all the pays and I click 'Next’ to move to the next screen (which lists all of the staff in the pay run and their net pay amounts), I get the 'Checking pay run failed. Try again' message every single time. PLEASE DO NOT TELL ME that it’s because I’ve ‘saved’ and gone back into it, I NEVER do that! I process payroll start to finish without saving and closing it until I am finished. For the past year and a bit, I have just ignored the message it and continued. Everything seems to work fine, including STP reporting. To try to isolate which employee is causing this message to appear, I have created pay runs for each employee but in small groups – 5 or 6 in each pay run, (and then cancelled the pay runs before it gets to the ‘Record’ bit). I never get this message and therefore I am at a loss to understand why the message only displays when I run the payroll for all employees. Second issue: When I click 'Record' and fill out the STP reporting authorisation, I get this error: "Something went wrong. Please try again or refresh the browser. Please try again, if the error persists, get in touch with us. Request ID: b434e3bf-27d0-4357-bd3b-095bdc44750d." I cannot proceed further. I go into the desktop version of AccountRight, and when I click on 'Process Payroll' I get a pop up telling me a pay run was saved but the dates are all 1/01/001. If I click on 'Continue' I get an error telling me 'AccountRight needs to close' and I have no choice but to restart AccountRight. The only option I have is to go back to the web version, delete the payroll I've just created and re-create it in the desktop version so that it processes end to end. With 45 staff, that is annoying!

7 REPLIES 7
Genreve_S
MYOB Moderator
2,908 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,908Posts

90Kudos

387Solutions

Re: STP reporting during payroll

Hi @HelenHolman

Thanks for posting your concern. 

I'm sorry to hear about your difficulties in creating pay runs. In my understanding, the first issue you have could be connected or is caused by the second issue. I suggest opening each employee contact from the browser, going to the Payroll Details tab, clicking the Leave tab, and clicking Save. This process will update the background data of that employee. After which you can try processing the pay run again. 

Let us know if you need further assistance or the issue persists. 

Thanks,
Genreve

HelenHolman
Contributing User
16 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

16Posts

0Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Genreve

I went into each employee's leave tab and 'saved' as you suggested.

I have just processed our fortnightly payroll again and the same problem/s exist.

Issue #1

I finish updating the pay records in the payrun and click on 'Next’ to move to the next screen which shows a list of all of the staff in the pay run, their last net pay amount and their current payrun net amounts.

The same error - "Checking pay run failed. Try again" message came up again.  As it has for the past 12 months or so.  Up until the last couple of payruns, I have been able to continue finalising the payrun from this point (regardless of that error) without any issues.

Issue #2

Today when I had finished updating the pay run, I clicked 'Record' , then filled out the STP reporting authorisation, then clicked 'submit to ATO' and this error appeared and I could go no further:

"Something went wrong. Please try again or refresh the browser. Please try again. If the error persists, get in touch with us. Request ID: b377245d-490d-4720-9560-ee036540f7b4"

Then I had to go into the desktop version of MYOB, create a payrun and re-enter all of the payroll for the 47 employees.

I will not be using the web version of MYOB for payroll again. It's a waste of my time doing this stuff twice every time.

Earl_HD
MYOB Moderator
3,366 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,366Posts

115Kudos

264Solutions

Hi @HelenHolman,

Thank you so much for your detailed post and my apologies for the late response. If you get an error when recording a pay run that it has failed the STP, click on Update details to check the error code. Or, you can click on Payroll Reporting>>Check Payroll Details in the desktop to view any issues. Please feel free to send us screenshots of any errors so that we help resolve them.

If the problem continues, kindly retrieve your diagnostic and error logs  the next time the error message appears, and attach them to your response here. This will enable us to conduct a more in-depth investigation into the issue.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon!
Regards,
Earl

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Earl_HD
MYOB Moderator
3,366 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,366Posts

115Kudos

264Solutions

Hi @HelenHolman,

I would like to check if you're still having this issue? If so, feel free to post again and one of us will be happy to assist you.

Regards,
Earl

MYOB Community Forum

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

HelenHolman
Contributing User
16 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

16Posts

0Kudos

1Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi Earl

Sorry for the delayed response. I waited until I had an uncomplicated payroll before trying the cloud version of Accountright again.  I have just entered my payroll for this fortnight and am still having exactly the same issues.

I’ve created the payrun and amended the pays for employees, I click “Next’ and get the error "Checking pay run failed. Try again"

I did a test for this error a while ago. What I did was run a few different ‘test’ pay runs with only a handful of employees, to see if I could isolate which employee is causing the issue.

I did not get this error once therefore can only assume there are no issues with STP setup.

When I click ‘Record’ I fill out the ‘Send payroll information to the ATO’ authorisation form.

I click ‘Submit’ to send the pay run details to the ATO and then get the error:

"Something went wrong. Please try again or refresh the browser.  Please try again. If the error persists, get in touch with us. Request ID: ebc7158b-7c52-42a0-ae16-b327a19328ca."

Then I click 'Update and Close' and go into the Destop version of MYOB as you suggested and go to Payroll Reporting>Check Payroll Details and there are NO issues detected.

I receive a message 'Nice one! Your company information and employee details meet ATO requirements."

The Diagnostics Log is attached.

I now have deleted the payrun so I can re-enter it in the desktop version of MYOB, in order to get employees paid today.

Thanks 

Helen

Earl_HD
MYOB Moderator
3,366 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,366Posts

115Kudos

264Solutions

Hi @HelenHolman,

Thank you for your comprehensive response, and I appreciate your understanding regarding the delayed reply. Upon reviewing the attached diagnostic log, the recommended solution is to clear your AccountRight cache to prevent encountering this issue in the future. I also want to express gratitude for sharing how you resolved this matter. Clearing the AccountRight Cache

Feel free to post again, we're happy to help!
Regards,
Earl

MYOB Community Forum

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

HelenHolman
Contributing User
16 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

16Posts

0Kudos

1Solutions

Today's payroll I did in the web version of MYOB.  My process was:

1. update the employee's hours etc

2. click 'Next' so it could do the 'checking the STP validations' bit 

3. click previous and update the next employee's pay record

4. At the 34th employee's pay record, when I clicked 'Next' to do the 'checking the STP validations' bit, it did not pass

5.  Unchecked the 34th employee in the payrun.

6.  Finalised the payrun for the previous 33 employees

7.  STP reporting went through without errors

8.  Run reports and upload bank file

9.  Back to the start - created new payrun for the same dates and proceeded to process for the last 16 employees

Although this is a work around, it's still ridiculous that for some reason when I get to the 34th employee MYOB doesn't like it and I get the STP checking error.

The problem remains and is definitely not resolved.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post