Forum Discussion

LMCob
Experienced User
3 years ago
Solved

Salary Sacrifice as Superannuation

Hello

An employee has received a 10% pay increase and could like to Salary Sacrifice all of it to Superannuation.

I have followed the online instructions and set up the Salary Sacrifice payroll category as a deduction and entered the fixed monthly amount, but when I run the Superannuation report, the SS amount isn't there.

Am I missing something?

I don't want to sign up to pay the Super directly from AccountRight.

Many thanks

Lisa

• LMCob 

You're very welcome Lisa, and that looks good to me.

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi LMCob 

Thanks for your post. So that I can assist with this can you please send a screenshot of the salary sacrifice payroll category and a pay transaction. Please make sure you remove sensitive information from the pay transaction screenshot before posting on the Forum.

LMCob
      Experienced User

Thanks Tracey, here are two screengrabs (please excuse the quality and actual numbers, I was playing/pro rataing). 

I must be missing a step getting the SS $ through to Superannuation Expenses.

Thanks again

Lisa

Tracey_H
        Former Staff

LMCob 

Hi Lisa

Thanks for those screenshots. I'll just need to clairfy a couple more things. You said that the amount isn't going to superannuation expenses, are you referring to the superannuation expense account? If so, salary sacrifice isn't a business expense so won't be posted to that account. It gets posted to the super payable liability account as it has to be paid to the employee's super fund but is included in the gross wage which is posted to the wages expense account.

Can you also tell me which report you're looking at? If you run the Accrual by fund or Employee Advice reports it should be appearing. If it's not, is the payroll category a superannuation or deduction payroll category?

Please let me know how you're going.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.