Forum Discussion

BB937
Experienced User
2 years ago
Solved

Salary Staff Paid for Overtime

Hi,

We are looking to change our payroll from Hourly pay basis (from timesheets) to Salary pay basis.

With regards to payment of overtime or TOIL, and payment of additional hours that accrue leave:

1. Salaried staff that work overtime and paid for those hours - do i just create a unique payroll category for them with their overtime rate and manually enter the additonal hours ?  (no leave entitlement on the overtime)

2. Salaried staff that work 'additional' hours - these additonal hours accrue leave and super is paid on those 'additional' hours -  is this possible with salaired staff ?- or would i need to leave those staff as Hourly pay basis ?

Thanks 

• Hi BB937,

Thanks for your post.

In regards to the salaried staff working overtime, you would be correct in setting up a unique payroll category for those employees and manually entering the hours/amounts. You also want to ensure you have your entitlements exempt from that category to ensure leave is not accrued. 

With the salaried staff working additional hours, either way would be possible, however, it would be easier and less time-consuming within the software if you were to keep them on an Hourly pay basis. due to the multiple adjustments you'd need to make every pay run if they were salary. 

If you need any further assistance with this, please do reach out. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Sam_R
    Former Staff

Hi BB937,

Thanks for your post.

In regards to the salaried staff working overtime, you would be correct in setting up a unique payroll category for those employees and manually entering the hours/amounts. You also want to ensure you have your entitlements exempt from that category to ensure leave is not accrued. 

With the salaried staff working additional hours, either way would be possible, however, it would be easier and less time-consuming within the software if you were to keep them on an Hourly pay basis. due to the multiple adjustments you'd need to make every pay run if they were salary. 

If you need any further assistance with this, please do reach out. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.