Forum Discussion

ELC-Leo
Experienced Cover User
2 years ago

Self-onboarding email not received by employee and card not created

I have tried 4 times over several months to have our new employee receive the self-onboarding email to his gmail address. He has never received it (not in junk, etc). I have used the self-onboarding process successfully with a few other employees.

With this employee though, the first time, a card was created for him, but he did not receive the email or text.

He did not appear in the Pending Invites area.

Before trying again, I deleted the almost-blank employee card.

The second, thrid and forth times, no email or text was received, and no card was created. 

But every time a pop-up message tells me "Onboarding invite sent and employee card created" - which is just not true. (screenshot)

I then thrice tested the self-onboarding email process with my own email address (hotmail) and mobile number. The first time, a card was created and I did receive the email, but no text. The second time (screenshot), I tried to send another invite without first deleting the card which was created on the first try; this resulted in no email and no text being received, and no new card being created. I then delted the card from the first test (screenshot) and tried again. This third time, no email arrived, no text arrive, and no card was created.

I don't know why no texts are ever sent, and I don't know why he didn't receive the inital email. But I suspect that there is also an issue with sending another invitation to the same email address. So then what are we to do other than force the employee to use a second email address, and try again?

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    ItaiMYOB
    MYOB Product Manager

Hi ELC-Leo

Thank you for taking the time to write this detailed post. I would like to have the team look into this one to see what is happening and if we can improve the experience for you and other users who may experience the same issues.

Would you please be able to send me a private message with the company GUID and the first name for the affected employee.

To obtain the GUID, you can do the following:
    1. Click "Open in web browser"
    2. Select the correct company file
    3. Once in, copy the full URL which includes the company GUID

Also, if you have any dates when you tried to send these invites, that would be very helpful.

Thank you

Regards

Itai

Nessa160
      Cover User

I am having the same issue - can you please assit me?

ELC-Leo
        Experienced Cover User

Hi Nessa,

For us the issue of the email not being received was related to having deleted the employee and then trying to send a brand-new onboarding invitation. MYOB said their records show that our employee did receive the initial invite, but by the time they went to complete the onboarding, the invitation had expired. What we were supposed to do in that case is use the "resend" function, which we didn't know about because it's hidden in a "..." menu, and only available in the browser version of MYOB which we don't use. 

The issue with the SMS was not resolved.

What we did in the end was ask the employee for an alternative email address. We then sent a new invitation to them at that address. During the onboarding, they weren’t able to change their email to their original/preferred address, but after the onboarding, we then changed all instances of the alternative email address to their preferred address.