Forum Discussion

raybookkeep
Contributing User
2 years ago
Solved

Setup STP

Hi guys,

I just upgraded one of my company file to plus from standard, but I'm unable to setup STP as the browser keeps popping out "Something went wrong" page. I have tried to clean the cache, changed to another browser but it doesn't help. I believe the problem is from the company file, as when I switched to another newly created company file, I can actually setup the STP smoothly.

Does anyone know how to solve the issue? Thank you so much. 

Yanike_S
    2 years ago

Hi raybookkeep 

I have ran some scripts over your file that should have solved this issue. Could you close and reopen the software and test again?

6 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Yanike_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi raybookkeep 

Thanks for your post. We have seen this error appearing when Payroll Settings are not complete or when there are no Employee Cards set up in the file.

Could you first check the Payroll Settings by clicking on the business name menu in the top right and selecting Payroll Settings. Once in Payroll Settings to complete these you must select a default super fund and click save. Any other details should be updated if necessary:

Secondly, make sure there is at least one employee card setup by checking Payroll > Employees. If there are no employees, use the Create Employee button to make one and complete their details.

Let me know how you get on with this.

raybookkeep
      Contributing User

Hi Yanike,

Thank you for the reply, the payroll setting is correct and we did have staff under Employee Cards, I have processed a payroll this week, salaries were paid out via ABA file, but we didn't have STP setup so ATO doesn't have the record. 

When I click Prepare Payment Summaries, there's an Error notice too.

But it surprised me that I can actually setup STP for a newly created company file, so I'm not sure if there's anything wrong with my current company file. 

My serial number XXXX 5403, company file ID is 16, thank you!

Yanike_S
        MYOB Moderator

Hi raybookkeep 

Thanks for the extra information. Could you confirm if you can open the file in a webbrowser? Go to app.myob.com and log in with your MYOB details. If you haven’t signed into your MYOB account yet, you will need to enter your account's email address and password (the same details you use to sign into the My Account), and then click Sign In. After entering your email address and password, you might also be prompted to enter a verification code. This is part of two-factor authentication to protect your online data.