Forum Discussion

debbieg
Experienced Cover User
4 months ago
Solved

stp

Is a NOT SENT pay in STP Reporting already calculated in the GROSS and Tax in the reporting figures?? I cannot work out why i didn't send it at the time. My YTD figures balance with the STP figures perfectly. So was thinking i must have included this pay in another, but cannot find it. The employee's YTD pay figures match exactly. So my dilemma is if i send it now, will it be added into the STP figures again, which then would make my figures not balance. Just trying to understand how the total figures work in the STP.  thank you. 

• Hi, debbieg

Thanks for your post.

If a pay run is showing as NOT SENT, and then you process another pay run after that, this will automatically update the figures and include the NOT SENT pay run. In your case, if the payroll reports balance, then you don't have to send the pay runs that are showing as NOT SENT.

Should you require additional assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,

Doreen

4 Replies

• Hi debbieg 

Have a read of the post here - which explains a little about how STP reporting works. This might answer your question.

Regards

Gavin

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi, debbieg

Thanks for your post.

If a pay run is showing as NOT SENT, and then you process another pay run after that, this will automatically update the figures and include the NOT SENT pay run. In your case, if the payroll reports balance, then you don't have to send the pay runs that are showing as NOT SENT.

Should you require additional assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,

Doreen

debbieg
      Experienced Cover User

Thank you! Now i understand how it works. I actually thought if you didn't send it becuase you didn't want it included, that it was safely left out of payrun. Fortunately this NOT SENT pay did need to be included. And is why my figues for the employee and for YTD balance. Thanks heaps to all for replies. 

Doreen_P
        MYOB Moderator

Hi, debbieg

Thanks for your response.

We're glad that we were able to assist you. Feel free to start a new post in the future, and we'll be ready to address your concerns.

Best regards,

Doreen