Forum Discussion

7 months ago
Solved

STP Reporting

After entering a pay run, it showed up on the STP as a $0 pay run. I have reversed the pays twice and re entered and still the same $0 pay run comes up on the STP report.

The pay range is also not correct on the STP however when selecting the fortnight pay run, the dates are all correct.

Can anyone shed some light??

• Hi Anthony79

Thanks for your post. I would like to extend to you a warm welcome to the Community Forum. Thank you for flagging your inquiry with us. We are sorry that you are having challenges with Single Touch Payroll, and we appreciate your understanding on this matter. 

In response to your concern about Single Touch Payroll (STP), if you create a pay run with a past date, it will prompt you to choose between a new pay run or an updated pay run. If you select "updated pay run," it can result in a $0 amount in the STP report.

In this situation, you should verify if the payroll activity report and payroll register report display the correct figures. If these reports are accurate, there is no need to reverse the pay even if the STP report shows $0. The key is that the payroll activity and register reports have the correct figures.

Feel free to post again anytime you require further assistance. 

If my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information. 

Cheers,  
    Leneth

6 Replies

Leneth_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Anthony79

Thanks for your post. I would like to extend to you a warm welcome to the Community Forum. Thank you for flagging your inquiry with us. We are sorry that you are having challenges with Single Touch Payroll, and we appreciate your understanding on this matter. 

In response to your concern about Single Touch Payroll (STP), if you create a pay run with a past date, it will prompt you to choose between a new pay run or an updated pay run. If you select "updated pay run," it can result in a $0 amount in the STP report.

In this situation, you should verify if the payroll activity report and payroll register report display the correct figures. If these reports are accurate, there is no need to reverse the pay even if the STP report shows $0. The key is that the payroll activity and register reports have the correct figures.

Feel free to post again anytime you require further assistance. 

If my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information. 

Cheers,  
    Leneth

LP3132
      User

Hello,

I am having the same issue where a pay run shows a $0 figure for STP reporting and when I log in to ATO to pay the PAYG the tax office have entered a figure based on what I have already reported but it is incorrect. It is out of balance by that exact pay run that shows the $0.

Does this mean I have to reverse that whole pay and re-run it. I am able to edit the PAYG figure but my concern is that at the end of the financial year my employees YTD income will be incorrect.

Genreve_S
        MYOB Moderator

Hi LP3132

Welcome to the Community Forum. 

If your payroll is accurately recorded in the system, the updated information should be sent to the ATO when you create an update event. To ensure everything is in order, I suggest checking the Payroll Activity, Payroll Register, and YTD Verification reports to see if they all match the correct values.

If there are discrepancies, you can process a void pay run to update the values sent to the ATO. This action is likely to resolve your issue.

Remember, with Single Touch Payroll (STP), your employees' year-to-date (YTD) figures are sent to the ATO after each pay run. So if fixing an employee's pay affects their YTD figures, the updated figures will be sent to the ATO the next time you do a pay run.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to create a new thread. We're here to help!

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Thanks,

Genreve 

Leneth_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Anthony79,  

Thank you again for bringing your concern to us. We will be closing this thread now. If you encounter any other issues, please feel free to start a post again and one of our moderators will attend to it. 

Cheers,   
    Leneth