Forum Discussion

Shilolilo
Experienced User
5 years ago
Solved

Super Calculations on MYOB AR Live Plus 2019.3

Good afternoon,   Just upgraded and noticed the Super calculations are out - seems to be because of a Payroll Category called LAHA (living away from home allowance) that I marked as exempt from Sup...
    CloverQ
    5 years ago

Hi Shilolilo 

Thank you very much for the additional information. 

I'd like to clarify that super calculation in AccountRight isn't purely based on the payroll figures within that particular pay run, it rather checks the total applicable wage and total super recorded so far in the calender month, and increase/decrease the super amount in the next pay (within the same month), so the total super would be 9.5% of total applicable wage based on the current settings. I'd suggest checking out this Help article as it explains it in details: Checking and adjusting superannuation.

This means that if any manual super adjustment was made in that month, it will affect the next super calculation within that month. The manual adjustment could be made by manually editing the super figures within a pay run, or changing the figures in employee card > Payroll Details > Pay History. 

The best way to verify whether super is being calculated correctly or not, is going to the Pay History screen, filter the pay history by month, then check if the total super amount is 9.5% of total applicable wage. This is assuming no further manual adjustments were made after the last pay run was recorded in that month. And pay runs are reported based on their payment date, not pay period. You can also record a dummy pay in a future month, where no pay runs were recorded, and the pay history in employee card has no monthly figures. The super amount should calculate based on the figures within that pay only.

Going back to your initial post, the super calculation is set to 9.5% of Gross Wages, LAHA is ticked to be exempt. This does mean that super will be 9.5% x (Gross wage - LAHA), this is correct. I'm not sure what you mean by 'I don't want it to deduct it, just not include it in Gross Wages.', as not including LAHA in Gross Wages means deducting LAHA from Gross. Then when you unticked LAHA from Exempt, AccountRight will then take into account of all the LAHA amounts recorded in the month, and adjust it accordingly. For example, 1 pay was recorded earlier in the month with LAHA being exempt, changing the setting now means in the 2nd pay run, super will need to be calculated on the total LAHA amount to date, which would be based on $504 x2. 

I hope this clarifies it for you. I do suggest following the Help article linked to check if super calculation is incorrect in a new month, please feel free to let us know how you go.