Forum Discussion

3 years ago

Super not calculating at 10%

I have four people with exactly the same payrates. When I process a pay run two of them have different amounts calculated for super one at 9.73% and the other at 9.05% while the other two are correct at 10%.

Have looked at all the super problems posted and none of them are any help.

Have added a new super guarantee category and that only created more problems - about six people had wrongly calculated amounts.

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    CloverQ
    Former Staff

Hi MartinatGP 

The super calculation in AccountRight looks at the total applicable wage of the calender month vs the total super already accrued for the same month, then generate the super amount so total super = % of total applicable wage. So if there are already super adjustments entered in the calender month then the super will calculate less in the next pay (within the month).

I'd suggest following the steps explained in this Help article to check your super settings and calculations for each of the employees individually: Checking and adjusting superannuation. Another good way to check is going to employee card > Payroll details > Pay History, find a future month that has 0 pay history figures, record a test pay with payment date in that month to view super calculation. For testing purposes, I'd suggest entering the entire wage amount in a single wage category.

Please feel free to let us know how you go.