Forum Discussion

3 years ago
Solved

Superannuation payment not processed - Reversal/Reprocess necessary?

Two of my most recent Superannuation payments are still showing as "Processing Payments" since 7th of April.

I realised there was an error with an Employee's Membership number for their new Super Fund.

I corrected it today.  All amounts & fund SPIN/USI Details were correct in the original payments.

The payment amounts have already been withdrawn from our bank account on 7th of April.

I rang the MYOB help desk & was advised to do Reversal entries & Reprocess entries in PAY LIABILITIES only, as the funds have left our account.

Is it necessary to do Reversal/Reprocess entries when the original payments were correct except for a membership number error, which I corrected today?

Does the MYOB Clearing house recheck my file for employee Super Fund details to re-attempt sending the payments?

Or does the Reversal/Reprocess entries update MYOB/Clearing house of the corrected membership number?

• Hi BronwynT_88,

Thank you for your post.

We do advise allowing 5 working days for the contributions to reach their respective funds, and I can see from your account that these payments are now 'Completed'. If the status is still showing as 'Payment Processing' - I would advise you to click the green 'Refresh' button in the 'Manage payments' window to update this. 

In regards to the change of member details, you should generally only reverse and re-process a super payment when the super has not yet been deducted, or if the fund has issued a refund and require you to update some details before re-processing (potentially your case).

Updating the details in your software will not update SuperChoice records until your next payment - so they do not update in real-time. I would advise leaving the super payment for now and wait to see if the fund gets back to you with a refund, alternatively, you could ask the employee to speak with the fund to confirm. If they do return the super payment, the below help article will guide you through this process of reversing/re-processing.

Please let me know if there's anything else I can assist with, and thank you for coming here to double-check the advice you were given - I have since passed this feedback along to the team you were speaking with. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

6 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Sam_R
    Former Staff

Hi BronwynT_88,

Thank you for your post.

We do advise allowing 5 working days for the contributions to reach their respective funds, and I can see from your account that these payments are now 'Completed'. If the status is still showing as 'Payment Processing' - I would advise you to click the green 'Refresh' button in the 'Manage payments' window to update this. 

In regards to the change of member details, you should generally only reverse and re-process a super payment when the super has not yet been deducted, or if the fund has issued a refund and require you to update some details before re-processing (potentially your case).

Updating the details in your software will not update SuperChoice records until your next payment - so they do not update in real-time. I would advise leaving the super payment for now and wait to see if the fund gets back to you with a refund, alternatively, you could ask the employee to speak with the fund to confirm. If they do return the super payment, the below help article will guide you through this process of reversing/re-processing.

Please let me know if there's anything else I can assist with, and thank you for coming here to double-check the advice you were given - I have since passed this feedback along to the team you were speaking with. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

DarylK
      Experienced User

Hi 

I have the status Payment failed . I revised everything before typing the code. I don't know if I have to create another Super payment, But How? Can you please help me?

Sam_R
        Former Staff

Hi DarylK,

Thank you for your post. 

So that I can look into this for you, could you please confirm the last 4-digits of your serial number? 

• I have this problem across multiple companies. 

The payment has gone out, but in "Manage Payments" it states "Processing Payment".

Is this bug on a fix list? It's very annoying and confusing, especially when trying to manage multiple companies and panicking that your super is going to be late (and defeats the purpose of the payment management module somewhat)...

Sam_R
      Former Staff

Hi vidario1,

Apologies for the delayed reply. 

Super payments will reflect as 'Processing payment' until the contributions have reached their respective funds, this usually takes 5 business days. 

If your payments are still reflected as 'Processing payment', please do let me know so we can investigate further. 

vidario1
        Trusted User

Hi,

No after hitting refresh a few times it now comes up as "Completed".

Thank you