Forum Discussion

s12341
User
2 years ago

Termination Pay

Hi Team,

Just done a final pay and termination of an employee for the first time, unfortuantely I've run into some difficulty. 

Once I had done the final pay on the payslip the acrued entitlements were no longer accurate. I see they have replaced these figures with 'Carry Over Figures'. I'm assuming this is because I have paid out entitlements however the payslip is now showing inaccurate information and I dont wish to send the employee this payslip until its accurate. 

I have rang Customer service and spoke with 2 people with a call duration of nearly 2 hours. Unfortunately the phone dropped out (or the rep hung up on me) and all I got was acknowledgement that these figures are 'Carry Over Firgures' and to just explain that to the employee. Thats not a good enough solution, if at any point i need to resend a payslip I believe it should show the accurate information on the payslip. Is this  just how the system works or is it something I've done incorrectly? If someone could please help me out it would be very much appreciated.

Thank you

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    SamaraM
    Former Staff

Hi s12341 

Once you've finalised the employee’s termination pay, including leave entitlements and redundancy payments, you would usually enter an end date of when the employee was terminated on the employee card.

When you do this, the employee's entitlement balances and standard pay setup are cleared from their employee card. This shouldn't affect the payslip as the final pay would have been done before this step.

For more on this process see Processing a final pay: Enter termination details.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.