Forum Discussion

Heather06
Contributing User
2 months ago

WORKING ON A PUBLIC HOLIDAY

Hoping for some clarification.  Our guys are working on a Public Holiday (Good Friday) so their rate will be Double time and a Half.  I have a category set up in my payroll as overtime x2.5  under category "overtime".  Since this will not be overtime just a normal days work hours (but on a Public Holiday) do I set up a new category for Public Holiday with the penalty rate and allocate the STP as Gross payments (not overtime)  I am thinking this will also be subject to SGC? as its not overtime.

Any assistance will be welcomed

Thanks 

Heather

1 Reply

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Heather06,

Thanks for your post.

If an employee is entitled to paid public holiday, and you want the category to show up separately in a pay run, you will then need to create a new wage category for public holiday. You may check the Help Article: Public holidays for more information. Regarding your concern whether to include or not the public holiday to super, it is highly recommend to speak with your accountant. Lastly, if unsure which ATO reporting category to use, kindly see our Help Article: Assign ATO reporting categories for Single Touch Payroll reporting.

Feel free to post again anytime if you require further assistance. 

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users in finding this information.

Best regards,

Doreen