Forum Discussion

Ness2002
Experienced Cover User
3 years ago
Solved

Public Holidays & OTE

Afternoon team,

I have a couple of permant part time staff who have worked the public holidays over the Chrissy New Break.

I have a payroll category set up for public holidays so I am struggling with the fact that one of the days was 9.5 hours long and was worked on a Monday.

So my dilema is the best way to pay the super on the first 8 hours of this shift. In theory I would have to set up a 2nd pay category say Public Holiday OTE for the first 8 hours and pay the remaning 1.5 hours under my current standard public holiday pay category.

Anybody got a cleaner solution to this problem than adding another pay category.

Many thanks Ness

• Thanks Tracey  Iwill create the new payroll category

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Ness2002 

Thanks for your post. Personally I think that a second payroll category would be the cleaniest way to handle this. It would create a clear audit trail for both you and the employees of what they were paid and what super accrued on.

You could manually adjust the super amount when processing the pay run. But, the problem with that is that super is calculated on a monthly basis so you'd need to adjust all subsequent pays as the software will make the necessary adjustment to bring the accrued amount for the month to 10%. This will also leave you without a clear reason for why the super amount was reduced. 

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Ness2002
      Experienced Cover User

Thanks Tracey  Iwill create the new payroll category