Forum Discussion

Kanti2
User
2 years ago

YTD reports error

Also having trouble with STP YTD reports.

Payroll Register and Payroll Activity balance, but 1 employee YTD balance is incorrect. (it shows $0 gross wages and tax witheld figure is OK)

I checked with the employee if his mygov showed $0, but the mygov income gross figure shows the figure OK.

Which means the ATO has got the actual gross figure, but on YTD  balance shows $0

Please advise ASAP.

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Kanti2 

Thanks for your post. When you report pay runs through STP, the ATO take the YTD amounts from those reports and send to employee myGov accounts. Each pay run report overrides the previous one so the YTD amounts are always up-to-date in myGov accounts.

The YTD verification report and Summary of payments reports in the EOFY finalisation tab pull the YTD amounts from the employee card>>Pay History and filter by the ATO reporting categories. When you finalise employees the Summary of payments reports are sent to the ATO and set as the final figures for the year so replace previously reported amounts.

This means that you can see a difference between the YTD verification report and what's in myGov accounts prior to finalisation.

Try processing a $0 pay with payment date as 30 June, wait until that report is accepted and then recheck the YTD verification report. If that doesn't resolve the issue the post, AccountRight reports don't match STP reports, has detailed information to assist.

Let me know how you go.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.