how the public holidays should be accounted for amidst these annual leave periods

Moon239
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

how the public holidays should be accounted for amidst these annual leave periods

Hello Community,

I hope this finds you well. This might come across as a basic question, but after stepping back into a payroll management role, I find myself a bit lost, particularly with how to properly manage and account for public holidays during a fortnight in which staff are also taking annual leave.

With the upcoming Easter long weekend, we're facing a situation where our full-time employees, who typically work 76 hours over a fortnight, will be taking varying amounts of annual leave—some for 2 days and others for 5 days. I'm trying to understand how to correctly process these occurrences in MYOB, especially how the public holidays should be accounted for amidst these annual leave periods.

Could anyone kindly offer some advice or explain the correct steps to follow in MYOB for handling these situations during the pay run? Your expertise and time in helping me navigate this would be incredibly appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
Doreen_P
MYOB Moderator
3,376 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,376Posts

174Kudos

369Solutions

Re: how the public holidays should be accounted for amidst these annual leave periods

Hi @Moon239,

Thanks for your post, and we're sorry for the delayed response.

If your employees will be taking leave, you will need to enter the number of hours taken against the payroll category and then adjust the base hourly so it will be paid accordingly. You may check the Help Articles: Public holidays for more information on how to do this.

Feel free to post again anytime you require further assistance. 

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users in finding this information.

Best regards,

Doreen

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post