Forum Discussion

TomD
Trusted Cover User
2 years ago
Solved

how to unterminate employee for last payment

In preparation for the last payment for an employee, I adjusted the entitlements, calculated the relevant amount for hours to be paid out as unused holiday pay and then terminated the employee as of 30. December. I intended to then proceed to make the last payroll and transfer the funds. It seems that I should not yet have terminated the employee - how can I unterminate him or make the final payment he is due? At the moment I cannot chose this employee when accessing the payroll .

I have removed the termination date in the online version of MYOB and I am now able to enter the relevant details but I cannot lodge the pay as each time I try I am getting Checking pay run failed - try again without any hint or help as to what needs to be done.   I assume it is due to my incorrect sequence when terminating the employee but this was only done in MYOB card and not yet reported to ATO - I am not sure where I can do further amendments to get the payment done?

• Hi TomD 

When processing final pays we recommend the following order:

1. record the final normal pay, to ensure all entitlements have up-to-date accrual balances
    2. record the termination pay
    3. enter termination information in the employee card
    4. terminate the employee in STP

Once you have entered the termination information in the employee card the employee will not appear for selection when processing a pay run so you would need to do this step after all pays have been processed.

If you get an error when recording a pay run that it has failed the STP, click on Update details to check the error code. Or, you can click on Payroll Reporting>>Check Payroll Details in the desktop to view any issues. Please feel free to send us screenshots of any errors so that we help resolve them.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    TomD
    Trusted Cover User

I have managed to make the last payment after lots of trial and error and frankly I am not totally sure which of the changes fixed the problem.  It may have been changing the start date or changing the payment cycle or switching between the desktop version and the online version.  The issue is that at times MYOB chokes and either does not provide any error or the error message is so vague as to be useless.  Most of the time when I come here, some expert is able to help and I appreciate that a lot. This time however there was no response at all.  I am mainly disappointed that MYOB has no direct support anymore - as we have to rely on the software and everything is now so tightly integrated with the ATO, it's just not an option to delay and hope for the best.  Any other software I subscribe to has some decent email or chat support in addition to a forum with volunteers. 

• Hi TomD 

When processing final pays we recommend the following order:

1. record the final normal pay, to ensure all entitlements have up-to-date accrual balances
    2. record the termination pay
    3. enter termination information in the employee card
    4. terminate the employee in STP

Once you have entered the termination information in the employee card the employee will not appear for selection when processing a pay run so you would need to do this step after all pays have been processed.

If you get an error when recording a pay run that it has failed the STP, click on Update details to check the error code. Or, you can click on Payroll Reporting>>Check Payroll Details in the desktop to view any issues. Please feel free to send us screenshots of any errors so that we help resolve them.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.