Forum Discussion

MMMplus1
Experienced User
11 months ago

myob salary sacrifice and resc not showing in stp2

These are my settings - but amount not showing in STP2 as RESC or at all in Gross

7 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Have you processed the SS super via payroll?

If you are doing $100 SS super, you would need to record $100 salary/ negative $100 SS super deduction.

Obviously you would need to take into account 10.5% super guarantee on Salary sacrifice amount as well. 

Hannah_V
    MYOB Moderator

Hi, MMMplus1 thank you for reaching out.

To properly setup your setting, please check this Help Article: Set up salary sacrifice superannuation

Please let me know how it goes. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information

Regards,

Hannah

MMMplus1
    Experienced User

MYOB has three choices for Super - SG and "Salary sacrifice and RESC” and “RESC

The difference between payroll category “Salary sacrifice and RESC” and “RESC” is that “Salary sacrifice and RESC” is a reportable employer super contribution (RESC) which is not included in your employee’s assessable income. It does not affect the way you calculate super contributions for your employees. On the other hand, “RESC” is a deduction type for salary sacrifice super contributions that is paid directly to the employee’s super fund1.

I have done to "Salary sacrifice and RESC" and can't see in STP Finalisation....

MMMplus1
    Experienced User

It's a deduction not Superannuation!

1. Salary Sacrifice Additional             – Expense
    2. Salary Sacrifice Super                 – Deduction  -   The Accountant said this one
    3. Superannuation Guarantee           – Expense       

So, ATO Payroll Category is in Deduction tab  - not Superannuation tab

Still Have more questions now, checking again with accountant will let you all know what I learn 

Thank you all very much.....love the support :) 

gavin12345
      Ultimate User

Hi MMMplus1 

Everything seems correctly setup based on the images and info provided. However there is some inconsistency in some of your explanation. Suggest you check all tabs to see if you have more than one payroll category called Salary Sacrifice Super. You may have mapped one correctly, but be actually using another one (under the Deductions tab perhaps). If there are 2, change one of the names slightly so you can see which one you are actually using. You should be using the one you have shown in your first image, not the Deduction one.

Regards

Gavin

MMMplus1
        Experienced User

Hi Gavin

Thanks for that you are spot on - there are a few "Sacrifices" deductions and Super.

Going back to actually find out exactly which each means....Lucky have a bit of time to do this.

Thanks for your help appreciated....Michelle.