Forum Discussion

3 years ago

payroll/ super

Hi   

We have an emplyee with only one name  ( non Australian )   This single name apears on her passport.   How should this be entered into MYOB /?     

I have put a . as a surname  and its accepted but the tax dept   but paying  its not going through ans just stays as processing.  This emplyee has now left the business but need to pay entitlements 

Please advise of what I can do 

Thanks  

Shirley 

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Sam_R
    Former Staff

Hi shirley61,

Thank you for your post.

Generally speaking, when clients face this issue they enter the first name in the last name field as well. However, we do recommend checking with the ATO for this.

In regards to the payment stuck as processing, could you advise how long it has been at this status? 

• Thank yu for you answer 

It has been stuck in processing sonce 23.3.22   due to other advice I have reversed and repaid the super on 6.4.22

This said is completed and the old one is still stuck in procrssing but no moniers have been withdrawn from our account so therefore not paid 

I spoke to someone at MYOB ( longest waut time ever)    Apparently MYOB has to change the status to "Fail" for the 6.4.22 and the are nnot sure what to do with the 23.3.22 

This is Crazy 

Really not happy with this outcome 

Sam_R
        Former Staff

Hi shirley61,

Thank you for providing those details.

So that I can look further into this for you, could you please send me a private message with the following details:

• Serial number
        • Business name
        • Email