Forum Discussion

RC-3
Contributing User
6 months ago
Solved

Recently at start up, AccountRight reports that it can't connect to the Internet but it is clearly online.

Hello, I moved from Accounting Plus v18 to AccountRight about 2 years ago. However, in just the last few weeks, when I start up AccountRight I get a pop-up saying that AccountRight 'can't connect to the Internet'. In the pop-up there is a link that you are prompted to write down and check when you get back online again. But the thing is that AccountRight is clearly online as I have accessed my file, received upgrades, can send invoices, do pay runs and back ups. I checked the page from the prompt and it lists a few things to tidy up after migrating from an earlier version. But I did that two years ago.

I thought it might be my PC or my network so I used a different PC and bypassed the network by connecting straight to the Router. Same result. It's seemingly not holding me up in any way but that pop-up is annoying. Has anybody else had this and perhaps found a solution ?

RC-3
    5 months ago

Hey Earl,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I still can't understand the link with browsers when I am using the Desktop version.

Anyway, when I opened up MYOB earlier this week, the same dialogue box about "can't connect to the Internet" displayed. Then a few seconds later I received the usual "Accountright has been updated to use the new version restart Accountright" or words to that effect. So, as I usually do, I restarted and opened my company file in the updated version.

No "warning about the Internet" dialogue box showed. And I haven't seen it since with the latest version. The version I am now on is 2023.11.1.7

So for all intents and purposes it looks like it was a bug that was fixed in the update.

Now, if only the pdf print output could be fixed........

9 Replies

Leneth_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi RC-3

Thanks for your post. I would like to extend to you a warm welcome to the Community Forum. Thank you for bringing your concern to us. We are sorry to hear that you are having difficulties with the pop-up "can't connect to the internet" and we appreciate your patience during this time. 

Regarding your concern, connection errors are generic and can have multiple causes. You may check your Internet Explorer settings: 

1. Close AccountRight. 
    2. Open Internet Explorer (click the Start button and type Internet Explorer then click the first result). 
    3. Click the Settings icon and choose Internet options
    4. Click the Advanced tab. 
    5. Scroll down near the bottom and select the option Use TLS 1.2. 

6. Click OK to save your changes. 
    7. Open AccountRight and open your company file. 

Feel free to come back to the Community Forum if you have any more questions, we are more than happy to assist. 

If my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information. 

Cheers,   
    Leneth

RC-3
      Contributing User

Thanks for having a crack Leneth but I have a couple of questions.

1. I cannot open IE any longer. Any attempt to open IE results in MS Edge being opened.

2. I can't find any TLS settings in MS Edge.

Also, my default browser is Firefox on a Windows 10 box and I don't use the 'browser' version only the Desktop version.

Maybe if you can let me know why you targetted the TLS setting perhaps I can look a bit further. As I mentioned, everything was running OK until just a few weeks ago and I have tried on another PC with the Desktop version as well.

Thanks in advance.

Leneth_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi RC-3

I hope everything is going well for you today. I just wanted to follow up on whether you still require assistance with your concern. If yes, could you please confirm whether you are encountering any error messages, or could you provide additional details about the issue you're experiencing with the PDF print output?

Please do let us know how you go, and feel free to post again anytime you require further assistance.

Cheers,   
    Leneth