Forum Discussion

MCSydney
Experienced Cover User
16 days ago
Solved

User Access Logs - Unidentified User

I have needed to investigate for unauthorised user access by an employee and found the <Session Security Report> which is somewhat useful.

However, when I check the log it contains entries for (SYSTEM) as the UserID which is confusing and not so helpful.

What is also concerning is that this unidentified (SYSTEM) user seemed to have access to files at unusual hours.

Does anyone else have any experience of this?
Can anyone help me understand how to intepret this?

• Hi MCSydney,

Aside from the information provided in the journal security audit report, if there are reports being printed or exported. The security audit report primarily focuses on providing transparency regarding user activities within the system, such as login attempts, data modifications, and other relevant actions.

Feel free to post again anytime if you require further assistance. 

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users in finding this information.

Best regards,

Doreen

4 Replies

Princess_R
    MYOB Moderator

Hi MCSydney,

Thanks for your post.

The (SYSTEM) entries in the Session Security Report can indeed be confusing and might seem complex. The system user is a background user in AccountRight that is used for background tasks performed automatically, such as the end-of-year journal or recurring transactions posted automatically, and to complete various system-level tasks. For more information, please check out this Community Forum post that is related to your query.

Feel free to post anytime you need further assistance.

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this information.

Cheers,

Princess

MCSydney
      Experienced Cover User

Princess_R, thanks for the guidance and link.

Is it possible with MYOB's assistance to drill down on the data any further?
      That is, to find out if any reports/data were printed/exported during any session?

Doreen_P
        MYOB Moderator

Hi MCSydney,

Aside from the information provided in the journal security audit report, if there are reports being printed or exported. The security audit report primarily focuses on providing transparency regarding user activities within the system, such as login attempts, data modifications, and other relevant actions.

Feel free to post again anytime if you require further assistance. 

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users in finding this information.

Best regards,

Doreen

• Hi MCSydney 

There have been numerous forum posts about this - do a search. SYSTEM is the MYOB software itself. There are various services running on your computer and they access the file at different times. Purposes are not always disclosed by MYOB. Maintenance perhaps.

Basically this is when MYOB is accessing your file. 

Regards

Gavin