Experienced User
32 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

32Posts

7Kudos

1Solutions

Am I doing this the hard way?

I think I'm doing this the slow way and keep thinking "there has to be a better way".  I've looked on line but found nothing.  I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

When paying multiple bills in one electronic payment (i.e. all the bills I have for March need to be paid, I load them in to the Pay Bills window and tick "Electronic Payment"), I have to type the name of the supplier into the Pay Bills window individulaly.  This brings up a list of all the open bills for that supplier, which I then need to enter the invoice numbers in the "Particulars", "Code" and "Reference" fields.  These then get transferred over to the bank payment.  This information is already in MYOB, surely there's a way to bulk load all the payments due to be paid on the 20th of April with all of the invoice numbers, particulars, codes etc that were entered in to MYOB when the invoice was inputted?

5 REPLIES 5
Shella_A
MYOB Moderator
1,524 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,524Posts

45Kudos

157Solutions

Re: Am I doing this the hard way?

Hi @Eric3,

Thanks for your post. You may change the settings in your Prepare Electronic Payments window. Please refer to the sample screenshot below: 

Select payment by all payment types and the bank processing date as a day after the transaction was recorded so that all transactions will show. Then you have to click all transactions that you need to pay for bulk processing, then click Bank File.

Should you require additional assistance, don't hesitate to respond. We also encourage you to connect with our virtual assistant, MOCA, through this link: myob.com/support, for prompt support.

Otherwise, if my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this.

Kind regards,

Shella

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Eric3
Experienced User
32 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

32Posts

7Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Shella,

Thanks for that, but you're actually one step ahead of where I'm talking about.  I'm talking about the step before that in the "Pay Bills" section (see screenshot).

I have to select the supplier in the "Supplier" field, in this example "Academy Group" and I want to pay them $1,150 on the 20th of April this year.  I have to manually enter in the particulars, code, and reference fields if I want those to show in their bank statement (so they can match the payment with our invoice).

My question was, surely there's a way that MYOB can do this automatically.  Your suggested method only applies after you've entered all the information in the Pay Bills window.

Regards,

Eric.

Pay Bills Screenshot.JPG
Academy Group.JPG
Doreen_P
MYOB Moderator
3,403 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,403Posts

176Kudos

372Solutions

Hi @Eric3,

Thank you for updating us.

To have the particulars, code and reference to be automatically entered when paying bills to a supplier, kindly go to Card File > Cards List > Supplier and then select the supplier name > Under Payment details, you should be able to enter the particulars, code and reference. Please see the screenshot attached below.

Feel free to post again anytime if you require further assistance. 

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users in finding this information.

Best regards,

Doreen

MYOB Community Forum

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Eric3
Experienced User
32 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

32Posts

7Kudos

1Solutions

Thanks for your response.  Sorry, you're still not getting what I mean.

Let's go back - all the way back to when you first get an invoice that you need to pay.

You enter the details of this invoice in the Purcahses Window under "Enter Purchases".  If you're like me, you drag and drop the bill into your In Tray and check that MYOB has done all the data entry for you.

Then, when you come to pay that bill, you have to click on Pay Bills in the Purcahses Command Centre, select the supplier, then type in all the same information that was provided on the invoice you entered.

Your suggestion just moves entering all that information manually from the Pay Bills window to the Payment Details window.  Surely there's something in MYOB that can import the supplier invoice number and other information from the Purcahses Register?

How do large businesses get on when they have thousands of bills to pay (I only have about a hundred and fifty and that's enough of a pain).

Regards,

Eric.

Doreen_P
MYOB Moderator
3,403 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,403Posts

176Kudos

372Solutions

Hi @Eric3,

Upon thorough investigation of your concern, the feature to bulk load all the payments that is to be paid in a specific with all the details on is not yet an available feature. With this, we recommend to please take a moment to post on the AccountRight Ideas Exchange board for consideration.

Feel free to create a post again if you encounter issues in the future.

Best regards,

Doreen

MYOB Community Forum

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post