Forum Discussion

Jody28
Experienced Cover User
11 months ago

Automatic invoice reminders

We have had out invoice reminders set up since mid feb and they sometimes work and sometimes don't.  I've just gone through our list of unpaid invoices from April (so all should have had two reminders sent out, as i've set them up to send at 35 days and 50 days).

Out of 19 invoices that should have had auto reminders sent, 4 had been sent both reminders, the others had not been sent either reminder.

Rather than saving time, i now need to open each invoice, click view activity and see if reminders have gone out before manually sending them as required.  It was quicker when we just manually sent them each month!

All our terms are 30 days from invoice and we have all clients automatically receiving them, unless we turn an individual one off.

Can you please tell me what i need to do get the reminders to work?

Thank you

8 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Leneth_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Jody28

Thanks for your post and Welcome here in the Community Forum. I hope you find it a wealth of knowledge.

Here are a few things we can look at:

1. The Customer card needs to have reminders turned on under Card file > Cards List > Customer > *open the customer card* > Selling details > Invoice Reminders > *need to have a tick here to send reminders*

2. The terms on the invoice as at when the invoice was first recorded and emailed has to be as follows:

Terms:

Prepaid & C.O.D - Do not send reminders

All other payment terms will allow you to send reminders based on the due date of the invoice.

3. Inorder to send reminders, there has to be an initial attempt by the user to send the email to the client directly from our software. (if they haven't sent that invoice to the customer atleast once, the invoice reminders feature will not work) You can check to see if they have done this, by opening up the invoice and clicking on 'View all Activity'.

If you do require further assistance feel free to reply to this post.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
    Leneth

Jody28
      Experienced Cover User

Hi Leneth

in my initial post i confirmed that a. all customers are on 30 days b. all customers are set up for auto reminders (i have unticked a few as required) and i have clicked on View All Activity for each one that i was looking at so i know that they all had the original invoices sent directly from the software.

Thanks

Jody28
      Experienced Cover User

Hello MYOB team

Can anyone give me a response to my query apart from a generic one?  i'd like to get this working or i may as well turn the auto reminders off and go back to manually emailing our clients once a month.

Thanks

Leneth_A
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Jody28

Thanks for the update on this. I would recommend taking a look at this Help Article Setting up invoice reminders to help you with automatic invoice reminders.

Please don't hesitate to post again if you need help in the future.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
        Leneth